One of UNLV's Longest Standing Traditions, Oozeball: Volleyball in the Mud
Oozeball, sounds weird, right?
Oozeball is actually one of UNLV's longest standing traditions. The very first tournament was in 1984. This is an event where registered teams compete in a day-long, pool-play and bracket-style, volleyball competition. But here's the catch.... you play the games in mud pits.
Teams are individually put together and can consist of students, faculty, and staff. When a team signs up, each member receives a t-shirt and other giveaways just for participating!
If you're not interested in competing, the event will include lunch, a DJ, refreshments, and other activities for the audience.
Some logistics about the program that might be important to know:
1. Teams can register at the front desk of the SRWC at the start of the semester, specifically on August 29th for the fall 2017 tournament. For each year, registration will vary in time, but information will always be available at the Rec Center.
2. There is a $60 team registration fee.
3. The tournament requires an equally distributed co-ed team of 6 total members (3 women and 3 men).
4. The 2017 tournament will take place on October 6th and begin at 8am and last until 4pm.
5. Competitors must have FUN!